Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grumpy Bear

This past Sunday we were in a Skype (webcam) session with my family in Prague. As Chase was glaring at the computer screen, my Mom asked- "Is he a happy baby?" Lance and I in unison- "No."

Its not that Chase is an unhappy kid, its just not the first word one would use to describe him. Looking back at baby pictures of Tobin, all the kid did was flash a cheesy grin. Chase has less of a cheesy grin and more of a threatening glower. I am always embarrassed when strangers at the store try to talk to Chase. He just stares at them like he wants to fight them until they back away awkwardly.He does smile and laugh often. But in between giggles he will yell at us. If he is annoyed or hungry or just bored-- he will yell. Not cry or whimper. Yell. Loud. This kid will make himself heard all throughout his life. My friend gave a talk last Sunday and was sitting on the stand and said that she could hear Chase "singing" from our seat on the back row of the Chapel. Awesome.

These are not complaints-- Chase just has a very amusing, one-of-a-kind personality. I do love this age (9 months). He crawls and plays in the toy room and watches cartoons with the others. He is our last kid and will inevitably be spoiled throughout his life... and already seems to be taking advantage of that fact.

3 comments:

Danielle Harris said...

Gotta love little ones' personalities! I have a nephew who would growl at people when they would coo at him. Literally growl. As he got older he learned to shout no and run away from you instead. I am happy to report that he is 4 and much more pleasant! Now he will chat with you if you talk about animals and only yells at you when you try to hug him. :)
Cute pictures!

Ellen said...

We can hardly wait to take grumpy bear back to our cave and play with him!

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm not sure what you're talking about. He wasn't grumpy ALL day when I babysat him.