Friday, June 4, 2010

The Graduate

Last night we attended commencement exercises... for Zoie...from preschool.

Like all graduation ceremonies, it was a long, tedious, painful experience. I promised myself that I would not create a digital diatribe regarding the sheer ridiculousness of celebrating a child's graduation from preschool-- or being coerced into purchasing a cap and gown for the occasion (one that can not be recycled because they change the colors each year!)

Rather, I will tell you all that Zoie has enjoyed every minute of her preschool year. She quickly became teacher's pet and her increased knowledge base has exceeded all of my expectations. (And not just letters and numbers-- she has become a subject matter expert on such topics as the solar system, the continents, and tools used on a construction site!)

And she really does look adorable in the graduation get-up...

Kindergarten-- here we come!

7 comments:

Lori said...

I don't believe it!! She was just born yesterday! But she does look pretty cute in her cap and gown. And it will make a great dress-up if it's yours to keep.

Congrats Zoie!!

Ellen said...

Our beautiful little Zo-bo graduated already? Before you know it, she'll be practicing medicine on you. What out!

Jen said...

Did you cry at the commencement ceremony? Admit it...I know you did!

She is too cute. I wish I could have been there.

Kira said...

Mom- Did you tell us to "what out"?? Its time to come back to the States and reclaim the English language!

Jen- If I did, in fact, shed a tear at the ceremony it was only out of boredom. Believe me-- you do NOT wish that you were there!

I will reserve my pride and sentiments for an accomplishment that actually matters... like high school or college graduation!

Nieldfam said...

Love the cap and gown! How many more years until her and Gav can date? She is too cute!

Heidi Lyn said...

She's adorable! I'm so proud of Zoie.

Gabriel M said...

Nice shaare