Saturday, May 8, 2010

To The Moms

Here are some thoughts on our favorite Moms...

Lori- Lance's Mom:
Anytime the girls share Mother-In-Law horror stories, I stay silent. I don't have a single story. Lori has always been so welcoming and accepting of me. She is so talented, but has never made me feel bad or self-conscious about my short-comings in the domestic arena. She is a fabulous cook, a talented quilter, and is so artistic and crafty that she ran her own framing business out of her home for over twenty years.
Lori spends her time on that which is most important-- her family and friends and humanitarian aid. I have never seen her get caught up in distractions like materialism. She is unbelievably easy to talk to. She even finds ways to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ while living smack dab in the middle of Utah. She has raised five GOOD kids. She is awesome and such a great example to all of us.
Our Favorite Things about Lori:
Zoie: I love going grocery shopping with "Utah Grandma" and love playing with her.
Tobin:
I like eating pancakes with her
Lance:
She is a saint for putting up with me and Collin (my brother). I owe her more than I can say-- cause I turned out amazing.

Ellen- My Mom:
I have written about my Mom before on this blog. She is just one of the most amazing people that I know. She is fun and enthusiastic and hilarious. Now that I am older and raising my own family, I have so much respect for her. She managed to raise four crazy (not always good) kids without yelling or threatening. She made it look easy-- somehow. She is always happy and laughing and has always been that way. She created the happiest of homes for us to grow up in.
Once we were grown, she left everything behind and moved to a funny little European country to teach the gospel. She loves my Dad so much. I still have so much to learn from her on how to be a great Mom and wife. She comes home in two months and I can't wait!
Our Favorite Things about Ellen:
Zoie: She is beautiful
Tobin: I like to play with her and go shopping with her
Lance: She gets me-- always laughs at my jokes (and isn't that what's really important?) Best Mother-in-law ever!

Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Happy Mother's Day to them and YOU too Kira. I'm just wondering how Chase weighs in on all of this. He was strangely silent for this interview.

Becky said...

Just wait a few years (or 20 or 30) and your kids will be making similar comments! Happy Mother's Day!

Lori said...

Ah, Kir! You're gonna make me cry. You can stretch the truth about me any day! Actually, letting Collin and Lance live was one of the more saintly things I ever did, and I'm glad. I really like them! And look what terrific daughter's-in-law and grandkids we have because of it! Thanks!

Laura & Eliza said...

Even tho I have only met ur mom a couple of times she always made me feel comfortable in her home. She's such a sweet lady! Ive tried keeping up with her blog and am enlightened by her enthusiasm in spreading the gospel. Ur parents are truly remarkable people!