Monday, May 31, 2010

Devil's Den

This past Saturday, Lance and I completed our first open water dive for our scuba diving certification. Thus far, we have only had "closed water" dives (aka-- a deep swimming pool).

We went with our instructor and some friends to a place called Devil's Den-- about an hour and a half north of Tampa. It was gorgeous. I didn't have my camera on me-- but found some stock photos of the place online. It was a bit ominous-- there was a thunder storm rumbling in the distance. as we descended a long, narrow staircase to access the spring.


After we geared up (including a wet suit 'cause it is 72 degrees year-round-- brrrrr!), we were descending about 20 feet underwater and I am thinking-- "why do I want to be scuba certified again? My two worst fears are the dark and deep water." But it was so peaceful and gorgeous underwater. I can't wait to do our final dive for the certification-- a boat dive in the Gulf of Mexico.

Here is a picture of the inside of Devil's Den:
I'll be sure to get pictures next time (although me in a wetsuit is not the most beautiful vision in the world...)

1 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures. But I'm going to pretend you're not doing that!