Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Success

We had a fabulous Easter weekend. It was relaxing and fun and wonderful.

I just downloaded my pictures from the weekend and realized that over the entire weekend-- after all the fun things we embarked on, I have only pictures of me holding a carrot cake and some friends playing UFC on the Playstation.

So... about the cake....
My Mom makes the most amazing Carrot Cake known to mankind. Even people who don't like Carrot Cake LOVE my Mom's version of this delicious dessert. It is a Southern Living recipe-- enough said.

I have never been able to duplicate it. So on Saturday (Mom's birthday), in her honor, I tried again. It was good. Very good. I still cannot compete with the richness of my Mom's cake-- but it was a valiant effort.

Let's hope I can think of something better to write about next time. Otherwise, I will resort to posting pictures of the guys playing UFC (and trust me, no one wants to see those!)

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Kira it looks gorgeous! I'm so impressed.

Ellen said...

So glad you're taking over the carrot cake duty. It's nice to know it's in safe hands and I can now retire.

Molly said...

Looks Yummy..was this the cake Brittany had??? If so I am kicking myself for not trying it!!