Sunday, March 7, 2010

Love and Hate- Television Style

I do not spend hours watching television each day-- some days we don't even turn it on. However, I will NEVER be one of those people who say crazy things like- "I don't really watch tv", with a look of disdain on my face. (In my experience, those are the people who watch more tv than anyone).


I love television. I love Thursday nights on NBC. I love any CSI that does not star David Caruso. And I love this show: Lance and I just finished Season 7 on dvd. Loved it. Love Jack Bauer. Love Tony Almeida. Love Chloe O'Brien. We aren't watching the current season-- but will watch it as soon as its released on dvd (so no spoilers, please!)

I have a weird obsession with television commercials. Funny commercials can make me laugh louder and harder than anything. But when I see bad advertising, it just makes me furious.

Does anyone else hate this Kay Jewelers commercial as much as I do? (In case you were wondering, I do a perfect reenactment of it). I was counting the days until Valentine's Day just so Kay Jewelers would pull this line of advertising. For those not familiar with this marketing monstrosity, here is the full commercial in all of its mind-numbing stupidity:





7 comments:

JennyLeighP said...

i absolutely hate that commercial!

Jen said...

Gag! Have you seen the Zales commercials with Jane Seymour peddling her "open heart" pendant? Ian and I love to mock her and her ugly pendant.

Wrights said...

Isn't there something super sexy about Tony Almeida? He was my fantasy crush before Edward Cullen. (I am such a loser:)

Ellen said...

Don't let go, ever! Whoever wrote that was a genius!!

AMSJ Warwood said...

Yup I have to say that 24 is also one of my all time favorite tv shows. I watch it religiously! But thank goodness for DVR because I too hate commercials, so I just DVR them and then fast forward through all of the commercials. Tony Almeida.... yum!! I am so glad he came back in season 7. It was a tragic day when he supposedly died!

Heidi Lyn said...

I like the creepy guy and can only dream one day of having him all to myself . . .

Molly said...

Hee hee. I want to see the reenactment!!