Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Why I Love Having Young Children

If Tobin were any older, he would know that this is actually a handful of weeds and he would not be so anxious to pick these "beautiful flowers" for me.

He would not demand that I put them in water and be heartbroken when they died.


In another year or two, Zoie's valentines might say "Happy Valentines Day"-- instead of this:

She might not glue stryofoam dinosaurs on the valentine. Her depiction of me might include more than three fingers on each hand and her hearts might actually resemble a heart-- rather than a rear end.

Having a gaggle of young children in the house has its challenges-- but I know that, in the blink of an eye, my crazy kids will be grown and I will miss the weeds and the dinosaurs....

4 comments:

Jen said...

This brought a tear to my eye. I'm dumb, I know.

Your kids are so cool. I love them.

Heidi Lyn said...

I happen to love your young children too. How sweet.

Lori said...

You're so smart to realize this while you're actually in the trenches. Most moms just plow through the day, then one shocking day they realize it's just about over. But.......then come the grandkids. Great cycle!!!

Ellen said...

Awww,little kids are the BEST! Especially your little kids.