Thursday, February 4, 2010

Truly Outrageous

When I picked up an outfit for Zoie to open and wear on her 5th birthday, I really just wanted something cheap (so I could justify buying her yet another gift) and something that my opinionated daughter would LOVE. When I saw this outfit, I begrudgingly knew that it was THE ONE.

It is pink.
It is Princess and the Frog.
To Zoie, that is like the perfect storm in fashion.

I was happy that it was so cheap, but a tunic? Leggings? And some other thing (scarf, belt, bandanna?) ??? It even has rhinestones across the neckline. It looked like something right out of my childhood in the 80's. I nearly died when I saw this thing:

Seriously? It reminds me of GEM! (The Barbie doll/ Rockstar, for those of you not in the know).

I realize that I am far from being on the cutting edge of fashion, but I am not about to send my daughter to school in a ROMPER.

As a side note: Zoie managed to make that funky little Princess and the Frog outfit stunning. (And I was secretly very relieved when she lost the accessory [scarf, belt, bandanna?]).

Another Post Script: I just re-read this post and I am noticing that I am basing my view of fashion on what is currently being carried by our local Walmart. :(

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Gem is my name no one else is the same!

Ellen said...

I'm impressed you can do stand alone pictures of the clothes! Bravo! I just figured out how to attach an url in my blog.

Zoie should find the bandana thing and wear it around her head. Now that would be cool. Rock on!

Ellen said...

Don't dis rompers!!