Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life As Usual

My mom flew back to Prague this morning.

Last night I gave myself a pretty great pep talk-- a whole "this is the first day of the rest of my life as a mother of three" yada yada yada. I woke up determined to be the very best version of Kira and throw myself head-first into my roles as housewife, cook, chauffeur, etc. (basically, all the things I have been neglecting while my mom has been here spoiling me). My pep talk was worthy of a movie scene (right before a great montage of me being amazing).

After I dropped Zoie off at preschool, I fed the baby, straightened the house and started some laundry. Then I donned my running clothes, packed the boys into the double stroller and (since I am not allowed to run for another 4 weeks) proceeded to walk three miles and visit a friend.

I am Super-Mom. Neither a recent c-section or lack of sleep can slow me down!

Fast forward to 4 pm. Lance comes home to find me, pajama-clad, fast asleep. The laundry is only half done and dinner has not been defrosted.

Well, tomorrow is a new day. We miss you, Mom!!!

6 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Ohhh the kids look so cute! Kira, you're super mom and you know it.

Jen said...

Whatever. I showed up at your door yesterday to find a clean house, an annoyingly cute mom, and dinner ready promptly at 6. These things are rarely found at the Porter residence.

It IS the BEST to be spoiled by your mom though! I'm glad she was able to visit.

Ellen said...

You are the best mom of 3 this family has ever seen. Enjoy your time with the little ones. They grow up so fast.

Natalie said...

Well, I still think you're an amazing mom of three! After walking three miles Lance is lucky you even started the laundry!

The Pope Family said...

Love the picture, man I can't believe you walked three miles...I would have been dead! Who cares that you didn't make dinner, you have a 2 week old! Way to go!

Nieldfam said...

O I wish I was there to help!!
You'll be great. Moms are So great!! I miss her already for you : )