Friday, September 25, 2009

Nigel and The Energizer Bunny

A quick update on life at the Rasmussen house:

Chase is still a fantastic little baby. He only cries when his diaper is changed-- this may be because he is held constantly. It seems he is passed from one set of arms to another around the clock. He got a clean bill of health at his first doctor's appointment and is gaining weight rapidly (going to pat myself on the back for that one).

He is surprisingly fair. His hair is blonde at the tips and kind of curly. This makes me wonder if he will look like this in the future:I call him Nigel (from the movie, Top Secret!), but couldn't find a picture of Nigel to show.

Its amazing how much Chase resembles newborn Zoie:

My recovery has been so much easier this time around. Lance and my mom have been spoiling me like crazy. I feel so lazy, taking naps while my mom cleans my house and plays with my kids, but I am going to enjoy it for the remainder of her visit.
She doesn't know it yet, but I have dubbed my Mom the "Energizer Bunny". She has an absolutely ridiculous amount of energy. She refuses to sit still, watch tv, read a book, or take a nap. She has yet to cease cooking, baking, sewing, playing with Zoie and Tobin, and cleaning since her arrival a week and a half ago. I keep complaining that it makes me tired just watching her.


The only complaint I have since bring Chase home is that Zoie developed croup this week. The doctor warned that if the baby were to catch a cold at this young age, it would mean automatic hospitilization. Therfeore, we have banned poor Zo Zo to her bedroom. We have armed her with a plethora of Barbie movies, books and crayons. She even takes some of her meals in there. I feel terrible for quarantining (a word?) my daughter, but she seems to be enjoying her
"sick room".

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I have so much energy because of all the CANDY in this house! My goodness, I couldn't sit still even if I wanted to. Yes, I know I'm the one who keeps bringing it in, but you can't get Twizzlers or candy corns in Europe!

The Pope Family said...

Did Zoie end up getting antibiotics? Hope she feels better soon! Chase is sooo adorable. I love his hair.

Jen said...

Where do you come up with this stuff? A post titled Nigel and The Energizer Bunny...I don't know why I didn't immediately think it was about Chase and your mom!

Chase does look just like Zoie! He's even cuter than I remember! Why do you insist on keeping me from him?

Natalie said...

Chase really does look a lot like Zoie! I'm sorry she's sick but you gotta watch out for the tiny one, so don't feel bad about the quarantine. Sounds like she's got plenty of entertainment. :) I'm so glad that your mom is there to help- it makes such a big difference!

Unknown said...

So precious...can't wait to hold him. And for some reason that picture of Zoie reminds me of Kelly. I think it's the trying-not-to-smile smile.