Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Shower for LJ

Last weekend, my best friend threw me a baby shower. Jen loves planning parties and events... and it showed. I was very resistant at the idea of a shower for a third child, but I had the BEST time. It was not your typical baby shower-- and I loved it!

Does this sound like "Kira" or what:

  • It was held at a local country club where a waitress kept my diet soda refilled all evening
  • The games included celebrity gossip and music-- (no baby food tasting!)
  • The menu consisted of a burger bar and hot wings... and naturally, chips and guacamole

One of my favorite memories of the day was the name "LJ" plastered everywhere! (As most of you know, we opted to name the baby "Chase"-- after the party had been planned). All the decorations and goodies included sayings like, Welcome Baby LJ. I made sure to keep a bunch of them as a souvenir to show Chase someday.Thanks to all who came and laughed with us. It was just an added bonus that we were able to stock Chase's closet with cute outfits and diapers (Oh! The diapers we have!)

This girl threw the shower:

With a little help from this girl:

And this picture is as close as I will come to posting my pregnant face:

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your shower. I look forward to planning another one for your fourth baby. :)

Heidi Lyn said...

It looks like a blast! I'm bummed I couldn't be there. Oh and welcome to the world baby Chase!