Saturday, August 22, 2009

Outdoor Fun

Brandon (where we live) has some really great parks and my kids love playing at the park. I have always seen this strictly as a winter activity, due to the horrendous Florida heat and humidity.

The other day, my kids were begging me to stop at a local park. It is almost completely enclosed with huge trees-- blocking out the sun, so I thought we'd give it a try.
It was surprisingly pleasant. Well, at least relatively pleasant. I am sad that I only discovered this little gem of a park towards the end of summer. I can't wait for winter so we can resume weekly (sometimes daily) park play and also make better use of our backyard playground.

In the meantime, we can't get enough of this:
We went with some friends for a beach play date yesterday. The kids were awesome and they loved it.Sadly, it was most likely the last "Beach Hoorah" of 2009-- as I seem to have exceeded the maximum capacity for even the largest of maternity swimsuits. Well, that and Zoie is starting preschool next week and I am having a baby in 4 weeks. But mostly the swimsuit thing....

5 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

The kids are cute and I'm jealous of the beach, but Kira . . . I want to see a picture of YOU in a SWIMSUIT!

Kira said...

I bet you do Heidi-- I bet you do. However, pictures of that nature do not and cannot exist. I am fairly certain that the camera would spontaneously combust, thus destroying the image.

Ellen said...

Don't worry Heidi, I'll get a snapshot when I'm home. It will be our source of blackmail.

Nieldfam said...

o'man....I am jealous of a beach play date! Good Luck Zoie in pre-school and we are SO excited for little LJ!

Heidi Lyn said...

Perfect mom! Thanks for your help. I'm sure Kira is a hot-pregnant momma.