Thursday, July 9, 2009

Play Day

Due to today's inclement weather, the kids and I decided to have an indoor play day. I took the kids to the mall and to the library-- it doesn't hurt that I happen to love these two locations myself.

I love that with small kids it does not take much effort or money to have "an adventure". You would have thought I was taking them to Disney World with the level of excitement surrounding our play day.

I realized that I have not taken pictures of the kids in a while ("in a while" = several days) so I threw my camera in my bag and we hit the road.

This is what I have noticed:

My son is adorable, but you will never know it. He has incredible big brown eyes and a heart-melting, crooked little smile... but you will never see it. Not in pictures, anyway. No matter how many pictures I take or how hard I try-- I cannot capture this kid on film.It frustrated me to the point of anger this morning. I was the obnoxious mom in the play area, knocking all the other kids down, screaming "Tobin... Tobin... TOBIN-- SMILE!!!" To no avail. Here are the failed results--Zoie, on the other hand, loves the camera and is very photogenic. You can easily see her fun personality and her breathtaking blue eyes (I figure I poke fun at my kids enough that its okay for me to brag about them once in a while).

Someday, when time and money are on my side, I will get a nice camera and learn how to take beautiful pictures. In the meantime, I (and you) will have to be satisfied with pictures such as these:

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I miss the Brandon Mall play area. The malls here don't have anywhere for kids. We went to get Eric's pix taken at the mall and Lisa asked if she was good if they could play at the kids place. I had to burst her bubble and tell her it didn't exist here.

Heidi Lyn said...

The first picture of Tobin shows his big smile . . . so cute! I can't wait to be Aunt Heidi in Florida again. I hate relying on pictures.

Jen said...

I don't know Kira. I think you're being a bit hard on Tobin. Those pictures are pretty darn cute!

Give me an afternoon with him. I'll have him working the camera like Naomi Campbell (or Zoie, for that matter).

Ellen said...

So cute!! Keep the pictures coming! Papas thrives on them.

Natalie said...

Well, your kids are super cute so I think you should be bragging. It's what all the cool moms do. ;)