Friday, June 26, 2009

Why Its Okay to be 30...

In just a few days time, I will be leaving my 20's forever.

They were a blast. I dated, went to parties, and was on MTV. I had my hair dyed every color under the sun and got regular manicures. I met and married Lance. I (miraculously) graduated college and had a career. I gave birth to two kids and grew a family. It was an awesome decade of my life.

But now I look around at the 20- something celebrities among us today and here is what I see:


And wouldn't I much rather be associated with the following group of women (in their 30's)?


These women are not only moms, but are varying shades of beautiful, funny and successful. And so I bid adieu to my 20's. You were good to me.

Hello 30.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

You have good taste, Kira. I LOVE Tina Fey and Reese Witherspoon. So yes, welcome to the 30's, but I've got to tell you, it just gets better with each decade!

Heidi Lyn said...

You're going to love your thirties . . . "thirty, flirty and thriving" but not until tomorrow, Sunday June 28th.

Sarah said...

I have looked forward to my 30th birthday since I was a little girl. It is my "golden birthday" and it seems like such a turning point birthday. Thirty will look good on you, Kira!

Jen said...

Great post! Hope you have a fantastic birthday. I can't wait to celebrate with you over chips and guacamole!

Danielle Harris said...

Happy Birthday! I love your take on turning 30 and I totally agree! Hope your birthday was great!

Natalie said...

Good point. The 30s are cool! Happy Birthday!

brooke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Too bad you are not here to celebrate at TGI's like the old days!! Hope you have a great Birthday!