Monday, June 1, 2009

Utah 2009: Intro

Since the "Great Florida Migration of 2004", we visit our family and friends in Utah at least once a year. Each time we have a great trip and yet, each year we are always a little relieved to return home to Florida.

For maybe the first time EVER, we simply did not want to leave Utah. I can't put my finger on the reasoning behind our feelings. I love Florida-- but our trip out west was amazing and neither Lance, nor I, nor the kids were ready for it to end.

Perhaps it was because we still did not get to visit with everyone we wanted to. I especially wanted to see my good friend Wendy (an ex-Floridian) and her kids-- man, I miss her! And there were other friends that we were only able to see briefly that I could have spent much more time with.

Perhaps it was because my kids are old enough to really play and interact with their grandparents and cousins. They could not get enough "family time!"

Perhaps it was because my mother-in-law, Lori is the best darn cook in the western United States. Staying with her just made my job as a mom way too easy.

Perhaps it was because Utah in May is just awesome. The mountains are a gorgeous green from top to bottom. The weather is neither cold (which I hate), nor is it too hot. It is perfect for playing outside all day.

Whatever the reason-- we had the best vacation ever. I will now commence with trips to the beach and the water park and getting ready for hurricane season-- like a good Florida girl.

But first, I will inundate you with pictures and details from our Utah 2009 trip...

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Perhaps we should all migrate to the west when we return from our post-communist country adventure.

Jen said...

Call me from Utah the next time you visit in February. I'll be at the beach!

I'm glad you had a great trip and that the kids had so much fun with your family. I'm sure it was hard for them to say goodbye.

(What I rerally want to say is: Get over it. Florida is your home!)

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I think your return to Florida will also bring back your sanity. I agree with Jen (Florida is your home) and am alarmed at the comments posted by our terribly misguided parents.

Ellen said...

Heidi, I think you meant to say "divinely inspired parents".