Monday, April 6, 2009

Sesame Street

Since getting rid of our beloved cable and DVR several months ago, we have reacquainted ourselves with the likes of PBS. My kids have (involuntarily) traded in Dora and Diego for the kind of shows I grew up on: Arthur, Curious George, and Sesame Street.

Over the past few weeks, I have grown quite fond of the clever, witty sketches on "The Street".
For example, Law and Order: Special Letters Unit. This skit cracked Lance and I up. We kept hearing the trademark Law and Order music and couldn't figure out why the kids were watching Law and Order. This is what we discovered: Hilarious. I don't want to give anything away, but the letter "M" did it.

And then I saw this skit- "I'm the Letter T" to the tune of "Hey There, Delilah". Its hysterical. And I must add-- a vast improvement over the original version (less whiny and irritating).Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4J_7jfck7Y

Good for you, Sesame Street. My kids love you and you still manage to be relevant and entertaining for all ages.

3 comments:

Carie said...

"I'm the letter T" is hilarious. I also watched "Don't Know Why" Nora Jones (about the letter Y.) Very funny.

We've talked about parting with DVR + cable for years but my husband can't seem to part with the sports. I myself am all for it.

Heidi Lyn said...

I just watched the Law and Order one on youtube and couldn't stop laughing! I love it.

Wrights said...

Good for you for getting rid of cable/dvr! Dan and I decided we would go without it this summer..but not until Idol and 24 are finished:)