Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winston


Winston is our resident frog. He lives in our front porch and checks on our family nightly by sitting on the glass. It is a frog's version of "hanging out".

Winston has been dwelling with us for about 6 months now. He disappears when the weather gets too cold (one more reason we HATE the cold!) . Zoie says he just likes to visit his other friends on cold nights. I think she's right.

He is very well- mannered. Unlike other overeager frogs in the area, he never jumps inside when we open the door. The kids love him. Even Tobin loves to point and shout, "Winston" each night.

He is easily the most low- maintenance "pet" we have ever had. The pictures were taken on New Year's Eve when Winston was celebrating with us.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Does Winston have a brother named Churchill? I thought so!

Kelly said...

Sooo cute! I have a new found love for tree frogs, ever since I got my Vietnamese Blue Tree Frog that Collin named "Charlie"...go figure. Charlie and Winston will be friends. Or shall we say, "pen pals" ??? I don't know what the appropriate term would be, but they're basically family now.