Monday, January 19, 2009

What Goes Around Comes Around

I learned the meaning of the word "stubborn" at a very young age. My parents have always used that term to describe me. ALWAYS. I will admit, it is one of my many lovable traits. For example, when I was fifteen, my parents refused to give me a ride to a hockey game, so I decided to walk the 43.8 miles along a major highway to the Thunderdome. Luckily, my parents caught up with me about 5 miles into my hike of defiance.

I cannot count the number of times my parents have told me that when I have children of my own, I will reap what I have sowed through this "lovable" trait of mine.

Mom, Dad-- the day has come. Retribution has arrived in the form of my giant one year old. I have never seen someone so stubborn in my life. This is his "stubborn" face:Tobin and I had a showdown over dinner the other night. He refused to eat it and I tried everything I could think of to "win" the fight. I gave Zoie a giant cookie when she finished her dinner, I tried to make eating look like a "fun party", I also tried time-out, scolding, ignoring, force feeding, etc.

This is what I sat in my kitchen staring at for well over an hour:End Result-- It was a draw. I compromised from "eat all your dinner" to "take one bite!" He compromised by taking the one bite (and by "taking a bite" I mean not spitting it out when I shoved half a ravioli in his mouth).

Lucky for him he's so cute.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I remember your hike of defiance! I was so very proud. I think its safe to say that we are both too lazy in our old age to hike defiantly anywhere for any reason.

Danielle Harris said...

Hey Kira, I hope you don't mind me on your blog! Your son's stubborn face with ravioli smears looks so cute, though I'm sure it wasn't so cute at the time! I just got called to the same calling as you. Let me know if you have any good ideas!

Ellen said...

I had to laugh at your walk of defiance of "5 miles". You forgot to put the decimal point in front of the 5!

Filetti Family said...

LOL. That is SO funny! I love the picture of the food EVERYWHERE. It shows it was a real show-down. Yeah I got the mothers curse too and got a mean child like I once was. I guess what goes around comes around.

Kelly said...

Hey, the kid doesn't like ravioli, K?!?!?! haha I love how you actually stopped in the middle of this "show-down" to take pictures...nerd ;) love ya!

Kelly said...

Hey, the kid doesn't like ravioli, K?!?!?! haha I love how you actually stopped in the middle of this "show-down" to take pictures...nerd ;) love ya!

Kelly said...

Hey, the kid doesn't like ravioli, K?!?!?! haha I love how you actually stopped in the middle of this "show-down" to take pictures...nerd ;) love ya!