Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released... but not relieved

I was released from the Relief Society Presidency last weekend! I nearly cried.

I have been in that presidency since 2005 and loved it, loved it, loved it!! I always look forward to the last hour of church-- because I LOVE Relief Society! I even look forward to our weekly presidency meetings. We always have fun together.

I was called to be the First Counselor in the Primary organization. I have been trying to shift gears and I am finding it difficult. Regardless, I am excited. I am part of an entirely new and really fun Primary Presidency. From what I have seen so far, it looks as if the days of sitting back and enjoying a nice, quiet, spiritual lesson are over! I will be busy!

Zoie just graduated from Nursery to Sunbeams and couldn't feel more grown-up. She talks about Primary constantly. It will be interesting to be in there with her.

Please feel free t0 give me pointers, advice, wish me luck...

8 comments:

Jana said...

Primary is way fun! I was so scared when I was called, and now I look back and think, what was I so scared about. You'll love it.

Heidi Lyn said...

big changes! You'll have to fill me in on who is now in the RS Presidency and who else is in the Primary Presidency. You'll be great. Primary is scary, I agree, but they are just little kids. How hard can they be?

Jen said...

I have some very important advice. Bring treats!

Ellen said...

When I was Primary president, we--my counselors and I-- would stand behind the curtain and eat candy during singing time. We had a BLAST. You and Zoie are going to have a great time!

THE POPE PARTY said...

I think it's going to be great fun! And really...if you'd quit being so great at everything, you wouldn't be called to these positions. I always enjoyed your Relief Society lessons so I can't wait to see Primary!

Natalie said...

That's exciting for you! I'm a primary teacher and I love it. You'll be fantastic.

Kate said...

let www.Sugardoodle.net become your best friend!! They have great ideas & can always help

Wendy said...

Good luck in Primary - you will do awesome like you always do. It will be fun working with those great ladies.