Monday, January 5, 2009

Nativity Experience, Part Deux

On Christmas Eve, we had the Porters over to help us reenact the Nativity Story.

Wait-- let me back up.

I mentioned to my friend Jen that Zoie and Tobin were going to play Mary and Joseph in a little family skit of the Christmas story. I suggested that she bring her baby Ryder over to play the Baby Jesus.

Within an hour, our small, casual, family skit has become a "dramatic retelling", complete with a script, a larger cast, stage directions, cinematography, costumes, props and an audience.

Leave it to Jen. No one has ever accused her of doing anything halfway. It was a very cute and sweet story. Check us out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtz9oUUZq8 .
Cast:

Mary: Zoie Rasmussen
Joseph: Tobin Rasmussen
Baby Jesus: Ryder Porter
Angel: Jennifer Porter
Innkeeper: Uncle Jimmy
Shepherd: Matthew Slovacek
Wise Man: Ian Porter
Narrator: Aunt Peggye
Stage Director: Kira Rasmussen
Cinematographer: Lance Rasmussen

1 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe you are going to lay this all on me. I wouldn't have re-written the story of there weren't obvious questionable references in the version you had planned to use. And costumes and stage directions just make good sense! I think your mom would have been proud.