Saturday, December 6, 2008

Out with the Old and in with the... Used

Today is a momentous occasion-- sure to be recorded in Rasmussen Family History books. Today we say goodbye to a beloved family member... and welcome a new one. This is Lance's truck. He never named it, but was fond of calling it "Trucky"-- clever, I know. Trucky has been the most dependable, handy and convenient vehicle we have ever owned. It has assisted in the relocation of dozens of families in the Brandon Ward. It has hauled mulch, rock, plants, tile, trash, and anything else you can think of. It easily pulled a large trailer and has transported our family (dogs included) in comfort for years.

Today we bid adieu to Trucky. He will be missed.

We would like to welcome MY new ride... the Tahoe. I am sure to have a wonderfully suitable name for it after to get to know it a little better. We have known for a while that I needed an SUV with a third row-- but the thought has made me nervous because I hate spending money and we refuse to finance anything.

We took Lance's truck back to where we purchased it and asked for a deal. After a short conversation, they obliged. We ended up swapping out his truck (with nearly 100k miles) for the Tahoe (with just over 60k miles). YAY!!!! No money, no financing, no hassle!

What is my favorite thing about the new ride? What sold me on this particular SUV?

The sweet rims rolling on 22's?
The sunroof/ moonroof?
The heated, leather seats with adjustable lumbar support?
The fact that it has every gadget imaginable? The BOSE sound system?

Actually, it was the captain's chairs in the backseat! I was hesitant to get a 3rd row SUV because I hate having to climb over the 2nd row. Problem solved! I was almost considering a minivan just for this one feature!! (Phew-- dodged a bullet there!) Thanks to my sweet husband for sacrificing his "Manly Work Truck" for my Mom-mobile. Best Christmas present EVER!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Those rims are PHAT! Seriously, LOVE the Tahoe. Great find!

Heidi Lyn said...

Sweet Ride! The "carnography" came in handy.

Natalie said...

Way to work the deals. I need some tips!

Wendy said...

Nice ride! What will the Brandon ward do without your truck?

LAURA and ELIZA said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever read! Lance is a good guy! I need an SUV now!