Monday, November 10, 2008

Run for Your Life!

Lance and I ran a 5k in downtown Tampa last week with some friends. It was so much fun. It was a night race and was catered!

It was Lance's first race. He only ran twice to train for it... and still beat my time by a full ten minutes. Not cool, Lance.

It was my first time running a 5k by myself... with only my trusty Ipod to keep me motivated. I ran every step and beat last year's time (by a few seconds).

What made the disparity between our times even more funny was that after Lance finished, he was full of energy, but saying things like, "I'm just not made to be a runner." Ten minutes later when I come limping across the finish line, I am talking myself up like I'm Jackie Joyner Kersey.

Lance refused to be weighed down by my camera, so I have no pictures. But I still thought it was post-worthy.

Bluto and I will keep training. The Turkey Trot is only a few weeks away!

4 comments:

Nieldfam said...

Way to go!

Heidi Lyn said...

Wow! Amazing . . . and maybe Lance doesn't train every day, but he can lift a couch by himself and skip up three flights of stairs. It shouldn't be surprising that he can run so well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You guys are awesome!

brooke said...

By the way, that last post was from me! I am not sure why it says anonymous!