Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Three Kids

This past week, my children contracted Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. I have not had much exposure to this illness and simply thought that Tobin was teething and Zoie had a few canker sores... until all of their friends also started getting "ant bites" on their feet and hands and "canker sores" in their mouths. As a group, my friends and I diagnosed our play group with HFM disease.


My poor kids were in such misery-- hungry, but not able to eat because of the pain. I felt so bad. Luckily they are now fully recovered and lucky for me, HFM is "extremely rare in adults" (Wikipedia).

Lucky for ME... As for my pre-pubescent husband on the other hand (see previous post on mustache growing contest), let's just say he has "ant bites" on his feet and hands and "canker sores" in his mouth.

Poor Lance :(

2 comments:

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

That's an awful disease, I learned about it in school and it's not fun! I also read on Brittany Filetti's page that she and her kids had it as well. Sounds very contagious!

Nieldfam said...

Yuck!
I am sorry. I don't think there is anything worse than a sick husband! We can handle the kids, but if Lance is anything like Ry, the world is ending when he gets sick.
That yucky bug went through our nursery last year, thank goodness my kids didn't get it.
Times like these sure make you thankful for the healthy days!!
Good Luck :)