Monday, April 21, 2008

Good Wife Update

In my last post, I set a goal for myself to try to have the house in order each day when Lance gets home from work. And I quote, "I would love to have Lance come home to a clean house, dinner on the table, and a smiling, happy, attractive gaggle of adoring family members." Such a lofty goal...

Lance's hours are never the same so he gets home anytime between 2 pm and 6:30 pm. Since setting my "good wife" goal, he has come home to:

1. Me fast asleep on the couch (I am having my first ever experiences with migraines)
2. Zoie in time- out and Tobin crying
3. A horribly messy house and all of us out at the beach (it was a last minute idea-- so we tore the house apart looking for swimsuits and beach towels)
4. Me reading a book with my feet propped up on mountains of clean, unfolded laundry.

I never said it was an easy goal to achieve. Of course, Lance says he doesn't care at all, but I will keep working on it.

4 comments:

Carie said...

Yes but what book were you reading,and was it a good one?

The Pope Family said...

You are totally normal. But we can still try.

Filetti Family said...

What? You want to pamper your husband? Are you crazy? J/K Yeah it would be nice to keep the house clean but that's a joke with monkeys climbing everywhere and throwing everything in site. Oh wait, that's my house.

Natalie said...

Too funny! You sound just like me. :) Even with the migraines unfortunately. I have some good tips if you're interested (I've been getting them for years...).