Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Week

We have had so much fun with Steve-- I thought I would recap some of it for everyone.

Saturday- Steve and I take the kids to the park. Afterwards he taught Zoie how to eat pizza "Brooklyn style". I can't believe how quickly Tobin and Zoie have taken to him.



Sunday- Church and Easter dinner at Heidi's house. After the kids went to bed, Steve and I created a shuffleboard-type game involving brooms, a pair of flip-flops, and some Diet Coke cans. I have at last found a sport I excel at. I have missed my calling in life to be a shuffleboard pro. I remain undefeated. (Please take the time to admire my pajamas-- a flowered shirt and plaid bottoms)


Monday- We all went to our favorite pizza place down on the bay where Steve and I engaged in a Diet Coke/ Buffalo Wing contest (He beat me at Diet coke, I killed him in the wing category). After which we had the infamous game of Celebrity.

Tuesday- Steve went to Tallahassee with some friends and I took Tobin to the doctor. He and I have had a lingering cold for a few weeks. The good news is that Tobin had neither bronchitis or an ear infection. I asked the pediatrician to examine my ears and he announced that he suspected that I have both bronchitis and an ear infection.

That night Zoie and I made cookies. By the end, it looked as if the kitchen had exploded on itself. I spent more time cleaning up then I had making the cookies.


Wednesday- I spent all morning at the doctor's office to be diagnosed with bronchitis, a sinus infection, and an ear infection. He prescribed six different medications. So we took out a 2nd mortgage on our home to pay for all the drugs (kidding-- but they were a FORTUNE!)

That night we stayed up 'til 2 am watching a CSI:Miami marathon and practicing our David Caruso impressions (Lance's wins hands-down).



Thursday- Today we say goodbye to Steve. We will definitely miss him. He has been the ideal house guest. He is unimposing and enjoys downloading music and fixing our computers for us. And since he has been staying with us, I have probably drunk my weight in Diet Coke. Steve, come back soon!

4 comments:

Darci said...

That is so funny, we aren't CSI Miami watcher but we do David Caruso impressions too. The way he acts cracks me up!

Jen said...

I was waiting for the invite all week but alas, it never came! By the way, Ian LOVES all the CSIs EXCEPT Miami which he refuses to watch because of David Caruso's overacting.

Ellen said...

That is the cutest picture of Steven and Tobin! I miss them both.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

Just so you know, I LOVE CSI:Miami! I would love to meet Horatio, really!