Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Florida Winter

We have had a fabulous winter. We spent many afternoons at Busch Gardens and have spent many mornings running. I have enjoyed wearing jeans and 3/4 length sleeves.

We sent off winter with a traditional visit to see the manatees at our local power plant. I know how odd that sounds. Tampa Electric Company has a large power station on the bay and every winter it becomes inhabited by manatees. I have taken Zoie the last several years to see these huge sea cows. Its pretty cool. They usually leave the area mid-March, so I took the kids last week and we easily saw over fifty manatees. (I forgot my camera, so enjoy the stock photos!)


Now we are gathering our "warm" clothes and taking them off to Utah for a week. My hope and wish is that the weather will be seasonably warm (I literally do not own a single pair of shoes that have toes), but that we can find a patch of snow in the mountains to let the kids play in. They have never seen it.

My old college roommate and one of my best friends, Catie is getting married in the Provo temple this weekend. We are so excited to see her and our family and friends.



And I am now bidding adieu to winter because I have been laying out and getting a tan while my kids take a nap in the afternoons. We are transferring our Busch Gardens passes for Adventure Island-- a fun water park, and we are making plans to hit the beach this month. Good bye, winter-- we eagerly await your return.


3 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Where in UT are you going?

LAURA and ELIZA said...

KIRA! You have to call me when you get here!!

TJ-n-Crystal said...

Kira!!! O how I love blogger. And your sister for sending me a link on facebook. You probably only remember me briefly but it's Crystal Valentine from Plant City. I've been trying to find old acquaintances and friends from back in the day and saw your sister on facebook. Long story short it's wonderful to find you on this thing. You have an absolutely beautiful family!!! Hope all is well your way!!