Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This Morning



Tobin loves our down comforter. We rarely allow him on the bed (so as to sidestep the spit-up, sticky finger, excrement catastrophes that have plagued our former comforters), but whenever we do allow him on our bed, he is in downy soft heaven. Since we have our duvet cover in the wash right now, I decided to indulge the kids and let them play on the bed for a while. I grabbed my camera and thought I would capture the moment with breathtaking shots.

Here is what I envisioned: Tobin, in all ecstatic innocence, wrapped in fluffy white down and smiling with his whole heart. Something like this--



I had already picked out, in my mind, the frames I would use to display the pictures in every room in the house. Our walls would sing with the photographic delights that would be these pictures!

My timing was impeccable-- right before nap time. Tobin was already cranky. When I stripped off his messy clothes and then refused him the honor of playing with the digital camera, he lost all composure. Our "breathtaking, ecstatic" photo shoot consisted of me holding him down and forcing him to pose for the camera, all the while trying to keep him from taking the four foot plunge to the ground. I don't know why I didn't throw in the chips-- I just kept taking more and more pictures. I refused to let my photographic dream die!

Enjoy!


Zoie was a bit more cooperative.




I will try this again at some point. Feel free to wait with bated breath for more pictures.

4 comments:

Liz's Blog said...

such cute pictures!!!! I love the one with your son on your bed. Precious!!!! How are you girl?
XOXO
Liz

Nieldfam said...

Zoie is so cute! Your house is like ours, just as you think you have the perfect situation for a pose, all havoc breaks loose! I wish I could tell you that it gets better....but not at our house!!

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

Ha ha that is too funny! I love the way you write your posts, they just nicely put. By the way your the person who made me start this whole blog experience!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.