Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cafe Rio- 1, Willpower- 0

On December 1st, I gave up eating carbohydrates. No more bread, rice, pasta. Sayonara sugar. I can usually stick to this diet with minimal suffering and decent results.

In my Christmas stocking, I had sugar free candy. For New Years Eve, I drank Diet Ginger Ale in lieu of Martinellis. Valentine's Day brought buffalo wings instead of the traditional chocolates. I did not even bat an eye at Zoie's birthday cake. Heading out for our annual Utah trip, I was not the slightest bit concerned with being able to stick to my diet. I am Superwoman.

Enter Cafe Rio. I had envisioned this moment again and again. I would order a delicious chicken salad with no beans, no rice, no tortilla strips, and no delicious fried tortilla shell. I heard Lance order his usual Beef Burrito with rice and black beans-- served enchilada style with dripping cheese. As I opened my mouth to order my Atkins-friendly meal, out came the words, "I'll have the same."



Yeah-- I broke. I don't even have any regrets. It was way too delicious. Later that day, my friend Brooke bought me a Granny B's pink Sugar cookie. Also delicious.



Post- sugar cookie, I recovered and am back in a carb-less state. I am happy to report that I gained no weight over our vacaction.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

You know how I feel about Cafe Rio! It could win any contest anytime, anywhere, any day. It is the Arnold Schwartzenegger of fast food. Willpower at Cafe Rio??? I don't think so.

Natalie said...

I don't blame you at all! Who can resist Cafe Rio and pink sugar cookies? I must admit that my diet (weight watchers) did not fare nearly so well while we were in Miami. I didn't gain weight but I sure feel icky.