Monday, November 26, 2007

Its Christmas Time!

I absolutely love the pre-Christmas excitement. I am not one of those people who is annoyed by the commercialization of the holiday. I revel in it. I may be in the minority on this, but I don't believe that twinkling lights and dancing Santas and obnoxious Christmas songs take away from the spiritual nature of Christmas. I think the decorated stores and Christmas music increase good will and happy dispositions in the general public. I know they do for me. This weekend we have spent hours doing the following:

  • Untangling lights
  • Draping every stationary item both inside and outside in said lights
  • Picking out the cheapest fake tree we could find
  • Waiting in line at Old Time Pottery for 45 minutes to purchase the aforementioned tree
  • Online shopping
  • Perusing the Goodwill for the gaudiest, tackiest Christmas sweaters ever made
  • Tearing apart the house in pursuit of my Andy Williams Christmas album (in vain)
  • Taking Christmas card pictures in ugly sweaters
I will post pictures of our decorated house soon. In the meantime, here is an outtake of our Christmas card photo shoot.



In this one, Lance says he looks like the fat Baldwin brother. (Please note that he is wearing a woman's sweater!)

4 comments:

Carie said...

I cannot get over the sweaters. So fantastic.

And what is it possible to have Christmas without Andy Williams? Keep searching!

Nieldfam said...

We love it! But even better that the dogs are wearing sweaters too! We better get one of those cards!!

Natalie said...

I love the picture. And I love that you made Lance wear a woman's sweater! On another note I'm glad that you have a blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have a blog and that Natalie shared that you do with me. It is so fun to see the pictures and see what is happening in your lives.