Monday, March 25, 2013

January: The Month of Zoie

Zoie turned 8 on January 29th.  Although her birthday is toward the end of the month, looking back, I feel as though the entire month was devoted to birthday party/ baptism planning.

The Party:
I do not always throw elaborate parties for my kids.  I try to encourage an outing (like the movies, or a "funland") with just a few friends.  But this is Zoie's first birthday here in Texas, she has a close group of friends, and the 8th birthday is a pretty big deal around here. 

So we had a party that was completely planned by Zoie (and executed by me).  Make-up, accessories, karaoke, dancing, and crafts with a Rock Star theme.  Zoie was in heaven.  She had 15 girls come and she cleaned up in the gift department.


The Baptism:
Zoie's baptism day was one of the greatest days of my life.  I knew it would be special, but I had no idea how amazing it would be.  My parents, Lance's parents, Aunt Kristy, and Aunt Heidi all came down to Texas for the weekend.  We have the best families in the world.  It was so much fun to spend time with everyone.

The baptism was a small affair (my favorite kind).  Everything was perfect.  Lance was amazing at baptizing and confirming.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.  Here are some pictures:







Zoie's month is over.  Now I have a few years to recover until Tobin's 8th birthday.

0 comments: