Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10 Things Every Woman Should Have

In Allure magazine this month, Oscar de la Renta made a list of 10 things every woman should have.  I usually just scan through the magazine for perfume samples-- but I stopped and read this article to see how I measure up.




1.  A Great Romance.  Check.


2.  Face-framing Earrings.  Done.  NOBODY does big earrings like I do.                                                                


3.  A Small Bag.  Ok, I take exception with this one.  Clearly, the women in Oscar de la Renta's life are not toting around three small children.  In my mind, the bigger the bag, the better.  Even with no need for diapers anymore, I am still responsible for snacks, toys, wipes, hand sanitizer, bug spray etc.  I'll run out and get a small bag on the same day I buy myself a small car.

4.  Black Lace.  I bought this great skirt from Target a few weeks ago.  Love it. 
Xhilaration® Juniors Lace Skirt - Assorted Colors

5.  A confident walk. Um... that's weird.  I'll work on that one.

6.  A cause to support.  This is a great one.  Mine is education... and family issues.  Everyone should have something they are passionate about.

7.  Red carnations. "a deep, deep red".  Another weird one.  But carnations are cheap-- so maybe I will work on this one too.

8.  A significant scent. I don't have a signature scent.  As I mentioned before, I love "Falling in Love" by Philosophy, but I don't wear it everyday.  I have about 20 different perfumes and body sprays I rotate through-- depending on the occasion.  Maybe I should commit to one for a while.  (For the record, for years I never wore anything but "Flowering Herbs" from Bath and Body Works).

9.  Very tall shoes.  I own this one!  A few months ago, the missionaries in my ward asked me to stop wearing such tall heels because I made all the Elders look short.  But I married a man that is 6'4-- I am free to wear any size heel I want!  I love it!

10.  A competitive streak.  I have always been competitive-- but the streak has died down over the past 5 years or so.  It took me nearly 30 years to realize that I am not very good at anything!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Three things:

1. That black skirt is hot!
2. Red carnations? Really?
3. Did you recently get a subscription to Allure magazine?