Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Before we ring in 2011, I want to celebrate accomplishments in 2010.

Lance and I realized a couple of long-awaited goals this year. We finally got scuba certified and we got ourselves in shape.

Since first moving to Florida, we vowed to become scuba certified. It took a friend who is a scuba instructor to light a fire under us to get it done. Now, we love it! So glad to mark it off my bucket list.


________________________________________________________

This is what Lance and I looked like in November 2009 (be nice-- I had just had a baby!) Pregnancy has never been a friend of mine and Lance was kind enough to join me in gaining "baby weight". We started cutting back on sweets and fast food in 2010, but really got ourselves in gear in April of 2010, thanks to this:From April to August, we worked out 6 days a week, for 1- 1 1/2 hours per day. It was awesome. We were sore for about a month straight, but we never missed a single workout. It was fun to do together and I swear, I have never slept better at night.

For the rest of the year, we tried to workout (or at least run) 2-3 times a week. But the holidays have taken their toll and we are ready to start again. P90x: Round 2 begins this Monday. This time we are starting out stronger and thinner, so we should be ready for swimsuit season this Spring!

Some bigger goals we have set for 2011 include:
Learning Spanish
Starting a Master's Degree (Kira)
Obtaining a Roofing License (Lance)

Keep you posted!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved catching up with you guys. You look amazing! I am inspired and vowing to kick these 20 pounds that have been hanging on for far too long! Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for your entire family!

Natalie said...

Don't forget to post your "after" pictures!