Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scuba

On Saturday Lance and I completed our PADI scuba certification with a couple of open water dives in the Gulf of Mexico.It was AMAZING! We set off from the coast and went about 20 miles out. On just the boat ride out there we saw dolphins, a sea turtle, and a manta ray. I am just so grateful that our little section of the Gulf is, thus far, untouched by any oil.We went about 50 feet underwater by a natural reef. We saw hundreds of fish, coral, sea spiders, huge crabs, an eel, and a giant loggerhead sea turtle swam right by us-- so close I could have wrapped my arms around its huge, graceful body (but I refrained).All underwater photos are stock-- courtesy of Google Images.

Now that we are certified, we are already planning future local dives. So get certified-- here is a picture of our brilliant (and patient) scuba instructor. Thanks Rob!

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm jealous and am already planning my own certification to come!

Marvin said...

That looks amazing!! How can we certify when we get home? It is just a different, peaceful world of wonder under the water. You guys look great!

Dad

Marvin said...

That looks amazing!! How can we certify when we get home? It is just a different, peaceful world of wonder under the water. You guys look great!

Dad