Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Not One to Brag, But...

Yesterday I had some friends over for Kassi's birthday. A cake was made in her honor. It was a lovely lavender creation. Instead of proceeding with the birthday celebration, I decided that the beauty of the cake would only be enhanced by my personal touches.

Long story made short-- this was the end result:


I know what you are thinking and the answer is NO-- I have never been trained professionally in the art of cake decorating, but YES-- I really should open my own cake decorating business.

And now to Part II of the "brag post"--

After seeing how quickly I destroyed a lovely dessert, my friend Cindy still allowed me to put blonde streaks in her brown hair.

I do not do hair. Not my own, not my daughter's. Most people with such a lack of skills would not participate in this activity. Not me-- I insisted on administering the bleach myself! Luckily, I had some help:

(I was trying to look like a cool hairstylist. Mental note: Kira, next time you try to look cool, make sure your bra strap is not showing!)

Luckily, Cindy's hair fared better than the cake. I am not going to start charging for my amazing style services just yet, but there have been talks of a cake decorating/hairstyling venture in the near future...

6 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

If only you had been there when I went blonde . . . Those are some mad cake decorating/hair styling skillz

Ellen said...

Cindy's hair looks great! As for the cake decorating--remember when we asked the guy to put your name on the ice cream cake, and it came out looking like a little kid wrote it? Yeah, I think that's what we're looking at here. Perhaps it is a "blossoming talent".

Carie said...

Two words: cake boss.

JennyLeighP said...

I love the cake...a real Martha on our hands here. the hair really does look good! can you cut:)

Wendy said...

I never knew your talents extended into the cake and hair arenas - I was mistaken. Your talents are endless!

Melissa said...

Been in a neighborhood Salon lately Kira? I think the bra strap is a requirement to be licensed, lol You are good to go girl!