Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Separates Us From The Animals



Several years ago, Lance and I put forth much effort mocking some friends for the use of these "standards of low-class trash"--even the definition I found online mentions both the south and Nascar (see below).

A coozy is an insulated holder for keeping drinks cool (typically beer or soda) and your hand warm . A coozy can typically be found in the south, often adorned by Nascar numbers, funny sayings, or advertisers.

However, we found that when we did not employ the use of these "neoprene miracles", our hands were cold and our sodas were warm.

And now when offered a cold soda without a coozy we protest- "What were we raised in-- a barn?" We have even made a habit of bringing our own coozies to get-togethers with "non-coozy folk."

So, I know this picture doesn't exactly help our case of coozies not being trashy, but at least his hands are warm! (Don't worry-- it was Lance's unopened can).



Judge if you must... but don't knock it til you try it. (They even work great for water bottles!)

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

It's true. Coozies are great. I even bought one of my own after using them at the Rasmussens.

Natalie said...

That's hilarious! I've never used one but I'll try not to turn up my nose until I have. ;)

Ellen said...

The trend has indeed taken a turn to the upper class. I saw Vaclav Havel using one the other day! Coozie away, Kira. If the former Prime Minister of the Czech Republic uses one,then it must be okay.