Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reasons

Reasons for flying a family of 5 to Utah for only 3 days:

Reason #1- Chase's baby blessing. We have always blessed our children at home. It is such an amazing experience to be surrounded by family and friends when blessing the baby. I am so grateful to be married to a worthy priesthood holder. For Chase's blessing, we had Lance's entire immediate family there and our friends, the Nields-- who have been able to attend every one of our childrens' blessings.
Reason #2- Lance's sister, Kelly is leaving on her mission tomorrow. We are so proud of her. She is going to Chile and I can't wait to hear all about how thew MTC is kicking her butt! :)
Reason #3- To have a faux Christmas with the Rasmussen family. The kids LOVE getting together with their cousins and aunts and uncles and of course, Grandma and Grandpa. They were spoiled like crazy for three days and loved it.



Reason #4- On the 8 hour (including layover) plane ride out there, the kids were PERFECT! Even Chase did not so much as make a peep. It was dreamy.

Reason #5- We couldn't get enough of Rockband and karaoke with Lance's brother, Collin and his wife, Rebekah
Now, reasons why we are crazy for flying a family of 5 to Utah for only 3 days-

Reason #1- TOBIN. On the flight home, Tobin, Chase and I were seperated from Lance and Zoie by a few rows. I didn't mind at the time. Tobin is an easy-going, well-behaved kid. I was sure he would sleep on the 4 hour flight from Phoenix to Tampa. I was wrong. Instead, he talked non-stop. Loud. And he peed on the seat. I went to change him and it was only after a 20 minute wait for the bathroom that I discovered I had grabbed Chase's bag by accident. So I made Tobin wear a pair of Chase's sweatpants. Reminder: Tobin is 2 1/2. Chase is 2 1/2 months. Hilarious. And humiliating.Reason #2- Stomach bug. Zoie, me, and Tobin. Enough said.

Reason #3- Twenty degree weather.

Reason #4- There are so many friends that we love to visit out there that we did not have time to see. Next time, guys.

We had the best time and wished we could have been there longer. Thanks, Rasmussens! We love you guys.

3 comments:

Nieldfam said...

LOVE the family picture...who is the curly blond not looking (the only one I might add). Has to be ours!! So happy you consider us part of the fam. It was GREAT to see you and be there for that special day! Chase is cuter than I imagined!! Kenlee can't stop talking about Zoie....we just wished we lived closer, like a couple of blocks!

Wrights said...

That's a miracle that all 3 kids were well behaved on the plane! I don't think we'd be that lucky. And if you had 20 degree weather, you had it 'warm'...the last few mornings it's been 6 degrees when I've taken Brooklyn to school. It's terrible!

Natalie said...

Well, we're glad you survived nonetheless. Hopefully we'll catch ya next time. :)