Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Fancy Pictures


I love looking at people's bogs. I have noticed, over the course of my blog-stalking, that there is a trend among the "mommy blogs." When a new baby is born, there is always a plethora of pictures-- either professionally done or taken with an expensive, sophisticated camera. This is not a criticism. I am a picture junkie and I love looking at great photos.

However, I do not own a sophisticated camera. I have no eye for photography, nor do I have the energy to coordinate a professional photo shoot (and by professional, I mean Sears).

Therefore, I took it upon myself and my beat-up, four year-old Canon digital camera to capture these pictures. They are not well-done. They are not black and white or sepia. There are no special effects. I was not able to capture my kids looking wistfully out the window or sweetly kissing the baby. They are not sitting on the beach or teetering on a mountain precipice. I didn't even pick out their outfits. These are good old fashioned "smile and say cheese" pictures. Nonetheless, I think my kids are pretty cute-- red eyes and all.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh how I love those cheesey little smiles!

Lori said...

SO CUTE!!! They all have their own look, don't they? Genetics are very interesting. It'll be fun someday to get all our ancestors-and us-together and compare looks. Thanks again, Kir. Love ya

Jen said...

Love these! And behind those adorable smiles are the the cutest personalities. What great kids you have!

Natalie said...

Definitely cute! And fancy camera or not, they're great!