Monday, October 19, 2009

An Obnoxious Family Letter

This post is reminiscent of those silly family letters people write around Christmas-- in which they try to sum up a person's life in three sentences (deep down I enjoy those letters and plan to write them myself-- starting now).

The weather has dropped down to the sixties and seventies this week. On the first day of the cold front, my kids were on the back porch twirling around (as if they were experiencing their first snow) and yelling, "Its cooled off!" All summer whenever they asked to go to the park or Busch Gardens my answer was "when it cools off". I guess they took that to heart and now I have to honor the promises.

CHASE no longer saves his crying jags for diaper changes. He is a bit temperamental and generally cries unless he is being held. He is still, by far, the easiest baby we have had. We can't help but spoil him a little and give in to his wishes to cuddle with the kid. Thankfully, he sleeps great at night. We call him our "pretty boy" due to his naturally spiky hair with frosted blonde tips and his unmistakably blue eyes. He tipped the scales at 11 lbs. at his one month appointment. He loves to eat and poop.

TOBIN is ridiculously well-behaved and adorable. He is proud of his recent haircut. He loves to play (and fight) with Zoie and is apparently fond of bumping his head on hard surfaces. We just couldn't ask for an easier or better two year-old.ZOIE had a rough spell (to put it mildly) adjusting to changes after Chase was born. She tended to take out her frustrations on Tobin and her shoes (long story). She has, however, returned to her usually sweet self. She continues to entertain us with her off-the-wall imagination. She loves school and spelling words. She tries to teach Tobin everything she knows and helps us spoil Chase.I (KIRA) love being a Mom. Some days are overwhelming, and some days I am very tired-- but overall, I feel great and am enjoying this time with three young kids. I am anxiously awaiting the "ok" from the doctor so I can take advantage of the cool weather and begin running again. Lance and I are working on losing the baby weight (and sympathy baby weight).

LANCE has taken up running in the evenings. He was just assigned a big project at work and is thrilled, as he loves his job. He spends his spare time tinkering with his motorcycle (more on that later). He is very hands-on with the family and I don't think I would be able to handle these kids without his help.

So there we are in an obnoxious family letter post. Now we are all caught up....

6 comments:

Danielle Harris said...

Family letters are one of my favorite things about Christmas! You did it right too by adding pictures. I hate getting a letter with no picture. Picky...I know. Hey, email me at danirose00@yahoo.com with your phone number and address so I can bring you the food I keep promising you!

Heidi Lyn said...

False advertising: that was far too real and down to earth to merit "obnoxious." You can do better . . . c'mon we received the ultimate obnoxious letters every year at Christmas!

Ellen said...

So nice to see pictures of the kids. Baby Chase is 11 pounds?! He's huge! Don't spoil him too much, though. You need to save some spoiling for us when we get home.

Jen said...

I agree with Heidi- not obnoxious enough. Shouldn't your post include a picture of everyone barefoot on the beach in khaki pants and white oxfords?

Glad Zoie is starting to adjust. I can totally see where she was coming from- shoes and brothers can be such a drag!

Nona said...

I sure appreciate your writing about your family. Your kids are so adorable! Thanks for giving those of us who live so far away a glimpse of you and your family. We love you guys!

Natalie said...

Not obnoxious at all! I love those letters! (As long as they're not all written from the supposed point of view of a six-month-old. Yes, I've read one of those.)