Friday, October 30, 2009

New Swoon


Picture this:

A New Moon movie trailer comes on the television. I instantly perk up because it is one that I have not seen before. I chide myself for being such a 14 year-old. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Lance watching me with a smirk.

Inner dialogue- "Be cool, Kira. Nonchalant."

Outer dialogue- "Oh... I guess that movie is coming out pretty soon. I'll probably get around to seeing it sometime."

Totally nailed it.

Later that evening, my defenses are down and I find myself saying, "I can't wait to see New Moon!"

Lance's smirk is back.

I just feel so unoriginal and cliche. Most of the time I think about the Twilight saga and can roll my eyes and make fun of myself for that silly phase I went through-- in which I read the books repeatedly. And then BAM! a new movie trailer comes out and I feel giddy again-- like my 9 year-old self at a New Kids On the Block concert.

Will I never grow up?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Hear hear!

Heidi Lyn said...

Well . . . I love the Miley Cyrus song "party in the USA". Maybe that makes us even.

Laura & Eliza said...

Please never get out of that phase! I just bought my new moon tix last night for opening day. I feel fine with it tho! Really! Haha!

The Pope Family said...

I can totally relate