Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Like His Mom

It is a common theme in our family that Zoie takes after Lance and the Rasmussens in both personality and looks, and Tobin is more like me and the Slovaceks.I took the kids to the water park for Tobin's birthday last month and I found yet another trait to support this hypothesis.

It was April 2nd and while it was a warm day, the water was a bit chilly (and by chilly I mean probably just under 80 degrees).

Like Lance, who dives into frigid mountain streams every chance he gets, the water temp did not hinder Zoie's play one bit.Tobin, like me (I like my ocean and pool to feel like bath water), was quite put off with the chilly spray of the water. He loves playing in the kids water area, especially on the tubes, but could not reconcile his love for the water with the cold temperature.He finally found a happy middle ground (sitting in his tube next to me on the cement).That's my boy!

Here is a clip of Tobin avoiding the water spray (if you look in the background, you can see Zoie frolicking in that same spray):



5 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Water that doesn't feel like a bath was NEVER intended for swimming. Tobin is a very smart little boy.

Ellen said...

I agree with Tobin! Cold water is for drinking, not frolicking.

Sarah said...

Yeah- water to swim in should be warm, not cold! HELLO!?! Dax told me that Tobin is his best friend while he was watching the video. Apparently all of his friends are his best friends.

Jen said...

Does he also have an amazing ability to recall dates? What about an obsession with cheese and diet coke?

Natalie said...

That's hilarious! I guess it's only fair that one takes after you and one takes after Lance. Hmm...who will baby #3 take after?