Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Swingset Mom

A few weeks ago, we were approached by a friend at church who knew of a swing set that was in need of an owner. We were only too happy to transplant the swing set to our backyard (for free!)



Zoie has been on cloud nine with her very own "park". The kids love spending their time outside each night.


Looking outside and seeing a swing set in the backyard has made me feel old. It is as if this one event has transitioned me from being a "young mom" with toddlers to being... well, a more mature mom. Within a few years I'll be getting kids ready for school, carpooling, going to PTA meetings. Oh boy-- who knew that getting this swing set would cause such an identity crisis?

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Your park looks amazing; but I've never heard of a swingset bringing on an identity crisis. You are very, very odd.

Natalie said...

I can see what you mean about feeling like an more *mature* mom, but come on! A free swingset? What choice did you have?

On another note, less than one week until we have new Office episodes!!!

Filetti Family said...

Wow, so I'm SSOOO jealous of your steal of a deal. That is one awesome swing set, and especially for free! The mulch looks really great with it too. Good job Lance! Isn't it nice having a handy husband?

The Pope Family said...

I am so jealous that you have a back yard and a swingset....I am going to take you up on coming over all the time when you stay home again. YAY