Friday, May 23, 2008

My House

I came across some old pictures today and thought I would share with everyone the story of our home.

In 2004, Lance and I moved to Florida and bought a dilapidated fixer-upper for a fairly low price. It was a gross house in a beautiful, established neighborhood within the boundaries of the greatest ward ever. I cannot stress enough just how disgusting this house was. We couldn't even breathe the air in the home.

We were fortunate to be able to stay with my parents while Lance single-handedly fixed our house. It consumed all of our money and time for about six months, but we were able to move in shortly after Zoie was born.

I absolutely love our home. It is a work in progress and there is always more to be done, but look what a handy genius my husband is! Some before and after pictures:


The kitchen


Living Room

One of the bathrooms

Bedroom

It is really a basic middle-class Florida home, but I love it!

7 comments:

Carie said...

Wow! That is incredible. We did the whole remodeling thing too - so I know just how much work goes into it. Your house is beautiful!

Jen said...

Whenever I come over, I always come close to driving right past your house because forget and still look for the rundown house with the dead trees in front. You now have the nicest house on the street by far!

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

I'm glad you put up some pictures of your house because I was there when you had just moved in after Zoie was born and I was wondering how it was going to turn out! It looks really good and lance did a great job!

Ellen said...

I remember the gross-icity of that house. You and Lance have made it into a beautiful home--inside and out. Now it needs a bowling alley and a climbing rock wall...maybe a waterfall or two, and of course don't forget the moat...a tower would be nice. You could watch the neighbors from your tower. (I think I've been in Europe too long.)

LAURA and ELIZA said...

I remember your house when the paint on the doors were peeling. It looks awesome!!

Deb said...

Lance rules. And by the way, I'm having trouble with my garage door.

Natalie said...

Can I just say wow? I mean I knew Lance is a talented guy but that's pure evidence. Way to go!!!