Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thirsty in Tampa

Seeing as February is a short month, I overindulged on my Diet Coke intake. Somehow I thought that with two less days in the month, I could have as much Diet Coke as I wished and it would not run out. My logic was flawed. My 24 can allowance has all but been exhausted.

On February 17th, I had only one can left. I know that if I am faced with the reality of no more Diet Cokes for nearly two weeks, I will panic and my throat will seize up and feel as dry as the Sahara. So, I have left the one can in the fridge. It symbolizes hope. Granted, the last few days have been difficult, but as long as I have the one can left, I will survive.



The "Diet Coke Shelf" is being overrun with water bottles. It looks like a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid scenario-- Poor Diet Coke knows it has no hope against the healthier, but decidedly less delicious beverage. And yet, it will not give up. Backup is less than 10 days away... Hang in there, DC. I will if you will.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Your willpower is inspiring and I know how difficult this is for you. I haven't had fast food in almost 3 weeks. Have you noticed McDonald's stock has gone down?

LAURA and ELIZA said...

Oh Kira! You are so much better than me. I will never make a goal like that cuz I know I would never be able to stick with it. Way to go!

johanson family said...

oh man... you are funny. totally makes me think back to the days in #344, pop cans EVERYWHERE! lol... i can't wait to see you! xo