Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No Shame Here

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"
1 Corinthians 11:14


This month, I have known Lance for eight years. In all that time, I have never seen him with hair. Several weeks ago, I asked him to grow his hair out just so I could see what it looked like. Like the amazing husband he is, he obliged. He kept telling me he felt "mangy" and I even caught him brushing the hair out of his eyes (yeah-- all 1/4 inches).

At the same time, I have been asking Lance when he thought we should give Tobin his first haircut. His dark hair was getting poofy on the sides-- mudflaps. We started calling him "Herb", after Herb Brooks-- the head coach played by Kurt Russel in the hockey movie, 'Miracle'.



Yesterday, Lance finally consented to trim up Tobin's hair. He used his clippers, but forgot to change the setting. I am sure I do not need to tell you what ensued.




To make a short story even shorter-- we will leave it at this: All males in our home are hairless at this time.

Before and After

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness! He looks like a baby Lance!

Anonymous said...

Same way we like our boys here;)

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! I think Lance looks younger with hair!

Nona said...

Fun picttures! I love all of them on your blog. You do a great job Kira. Nona