Friday, December 21, 2007

The Love of My Life

The love of my life makes me smile, makes me sigh with happiness, and oftentimes takes my breath away. Yes, that's right-- my beloved Diet Coke.



I have had a love affair with this delicious beverage since my childhood trips to the beach every summer. It was the only time we were allowed to drink pop. Then when I moved out to college, I went crazy. Ask any of my old roommates-- cans of diet coke in the trash, on the couch, under my bed, in my backpack, etc.

Fast- forward ten years (man, I'm old!), it is a full-blown addiction. Sadly (and probably wisely), Lance has organized an intervention. I am drastically cutting back on my diet coke consumption-- one 24 pack per month. That's less than one a day! (For those of you who can't do basic arithmetic). I have never been very good at the "moderation" thing. I have already been through 16 cans in the last week.

I will pay for it later. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Nieldfam said...

I hear ya! I think that Diet Coke is the ONLY reason I am surviving motherhood with three kids under four!! The days I don't have one I can really tell. I'll be paying the price with you later:)

Natalie said...

LOL! That's hilarious that Lance organized an intervention. Did you family and friends gather to offer their support and love? :)

Ellen said...

Nat and Adam--Are you kidding??! Kira's family is the reason why she has an addiction. We are an evil lot.

Anonymous said...

Be glad you have not moved on to the harder stuff. For me there is no return to my life before Diet Dr. Pepper.

Kira said...

Its true-- if anyone can rival my soda-drinking abilities, its Zach. I remember well serving him at Chilis. It was not easy keeping his glass full. He was my Everest.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

We did intervention for a little while here (I'm drinking a Diet Coke as I read through the blogs I've missed), but it just didn't work. It's only the perfect tool to keep me happy!! Wait until you get all grouchy without even being able to tell. Lance'll give in for sure!! :D