Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Old Man Rasmussen

On September 2nd, Lance turned 30! We made a weekend of the celebration. We took the kids to the beach on Saturday. It was fun, although taking a two year old and a newborn to the beach is hardly the tranquil, relaxing experience the beach usually is. Saturday night, we ditched the little ones and went to dinner with friends.

On Sunday, we had an old-fashioned birthday party-- complete with presents, singing, and cake and ice cream. Well, in place of cake I made a couple of banana cream pies. I got the world's easiest recipe and still managed to screw it up. I take no pride in my baking skills.

On Monday, Lance took his various gift cards and we hit the mall. It has taken me six years to get Lance to see the light-- but at last, I have converted my husband into a bargain shopper!! The only thing better than getting something great is getting something great for cheap! (Thanks, Mom). And Monday night, we barbequed with friends.

It was an awesome weekend-- full of phrases like, "now that you're old..." and "even at your age..." Lance isn't too traumatized by old age. Although he has a new- found determination to get in shape and find new ways to risk his life on a more regular basis. I told him that eating my cooking each night is risky enough...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Keep them coming! Loves, Mom

Heidi Lyn said...

What about "my milkshake?" and Barbershop 2? I feel like so many important birthday elements were omitted from the blog . . . .

Nieldfam said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Lance! How did we end up with such oldies?! I love the pictures of you and the kids on the beach. I have to admit it made me VERY jealous!! Is that a one piece suit you are wearing??